Saturday, June 4, 2011

truth for a cry



Since my childhood I was told, " son always speak the truth, cause it never hurts"..well i guess my parents and teachers could have never thought how the future will be . I thought being honest and truthful will always solve any problem in this damn world...but here after i am now confirmed that my elders had just an dogmatic assertion about this fact of life.

I lied in many occasions and all those were for escaping some sticks from the teachers :-) and sometimes to parents to be with my friends..for everything else i thought i must speak the truth. And what i got in turn??? .... SILENCE !!!

I always thought if I tell the truth, I will always be understood clearly...there is going to be no misunderstanding...and people will understand that i have not hidden my thoughts and feelings. BUT...i am wrong... i dont know how to pretend, how to hide the emotions and feelings, tried for so many years now, but cant, it does reflect in my eyes.

Today something came to my heart, i told it clearly, without knowing that a simple and harmless and an honest truth would boomerang back to me with so much of pain and guilt !! When I shout and try to say that "I told the truth", i am misunderstood... really that is the time i feel so bad, and sad that my parents and my mentors and my seniours always guided me to the wrong direction...the direction of always telling the truth. little did they know that i will follow it from the bottom of my heart and would finally realise their mistake and realise that ..... " truth hurts".

But I will not change from mindset..because I know one day my truth will be known, and who knows I wont be there to cherish it.

1 comment:

Sayyadina said...

I don't know you. My heart just wanted to reach out and hug you, though, when I read this.

A few thoughts on truth:
"The wicked taketh the truth to be hard." - meaning if someone gets mad at you for your truth, then they are triggered by something INSIDE THEM that has little or nothing to do with literal YOU.

My husband has said, "Sometimes you walk the line between truth and tact." meaning that some truths don't need to be said to all people.

Also: protect yourself. If parents, elders, teachers and peers have reacted negatively to your truth, nowhere is it written that you have to reveal your heart to them time and time again, just so they can step on it time and time again.

It is okay to keep some things and ponder them in your own heart until you find someone to share it with who will not be a butt about it.

I hope you have someone like that, if not today, then someday. Because I can see that your heart is tender and loving and wonderfully valuable.

Have a beautiful day.